Pancakes are one of my favourite dishes to have for breakfast and my Celebration Pancakes are perfect for any special occasion like a birthday or my favourite day for them, Mother’s Day! My family has been bringing me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day for as long as I have been a mom and it is something I look forward to every year! The great thing about this pancake recipe is that it includes chickpea flour which is a good source of protein and the recipe doesn't include any butter or sugar. The banana gives the pancake a sweet flavour and a good texture, and baking it instead of frying it means there is no added fat so you can enjoy these pancakes and still be focused on managing your weight!
2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup chickpea flour
2 tablespoon shredded coconut (save 1 tablespoon to sprinkle on top!)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Mix all ingredients well.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Spoon 6 small scoops of pancake mix onto parchment paper.
5. Flatten the scoops into a pancake shape with fork.
6. Sprinkle the pancakes with ½ tablespoon coconut.
7. Bake the pancakes for 20 minutes (flip pancakes after 10 minutes).
8.Serve pancakes on plate and drizzle pancakes with maple syrup and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Enjoy with your favourite tea!